Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Trying to add Campus AP to AP Group

Im trying to add a new Campus AP (IAP 205 converted to Campus AP) to an AP Group.

I'm in the web interface at Configuration/Wireless/App Installation/Whitelist/Campus AP/Entries.

However, unlike the manual at http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/Control_Plane/Whitelists_on_Campus_and_Remote_APs.htm says, there is no way to define the AP Group.

At the Remote AP tab, there IS a way to set AP Group. But at Campus AP tab, there is not. I've tried clearing browser cache. Didn't help.

So, how can I set the AP Group for a Campus AP?

Aruba 650 on 6.3.1.19.

Aruba Employee

Re: Trying to add Campus AP to AP Group

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

Could you share a screen shot of what you see? 

You can also check "#show ap database" from CLI.  

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent 

Thanks,
Rajaguru Vincent
CWNA | CWSP | CWAP | CWDP | ACMP
Frequent Contributor II

[ Edited ]

in the CLI the AP Group for the existing Campus AP is shown. The new Campus AP is not shown at all.

Aruba Employee

Hi, 

The firmware is 6.3, but the user guide is for 6.4. 

Check the 6.3 user guide @ http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS%206_3_1_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Control_Plane/Whitelists_on_Campus_and_Remote_APs.htm%3FTocPath%3DControl%20Plane%20Security%7C_____3

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent 

Thanks,
Rajaguru Vincent
Frequent Contributor II

Same issue. At step 6, the guide says to enter the AP Group, but it's not giving me that option.

At the remote AP tab, it is giving me that option. But I want to add a Campus AP, not a Remote AP. The CLI command also seems to suggest an AP Group can't be set for a Campus AP?

To add an AP to the Campus AP whitelist via the command-line interface, issue the command
whitelist-db cpsec add mac-address <macaddr> description <description>
To add an AP to the Remote AP whitelist via the command-line interface, issue the command
whitelist-db rap add mac-address <macaddr> ap-group <ap-group> [ap-name <ap-name>] [description <description>] [full-name <name>] remote-ip <inner-ip-adr>

Should I add the Campus App as a Remote App instead???

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

6.3 does not allow you to add an ap-group in the Campus AP whitelist.  6.4 does allow you to add an ap group to the Campus AP whitelist.  The RAP whitelist ALWAYS allowed you to add an ap-group to the whitelist.  

You can always reprovision the AP manually by going to Configuration> Wireless> AP Installation.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

[ Edited ]

If it requires 6.4, then how did we ever enter our first Campus AP to an AP Group? :) There must be some way to do it pre-6.4.

I'm trying to add a second Campus AP, so can't reprovision it, because it doesn't exist yet.

Can't upgrade to 6.4 either, because of RAP 2WG's in use.

Edit: oh maybe I understand what you mean. I need to add it as a RAP, and then re-provision it to become a Campus AP?

Aruba Employee

Hi, 

In 6.3, campus AP whitelist doesn't require the AP group to be specified, but the RAP does need it. In 6.4, you can specify the ap-group for both campus AP and Remote AP. 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent 

Thanks,
Rajaguru Vincent
Frequent Contributor II

[ Edited ]

I can't go to 6.4, because of RAP2's in use.

And it must be possible without 6.4. Because we already have another Campus AP set to an AP Group (and we've never been on 6.4).

Should I try adding it as a RAP and the re-provision it to be come a Campus AP?

Aruba Employee

Any Campus AP would come up on the "default" ap-group first. Then you can re-provision it to a different ap-group. If you already have a campus AP (not converting an IAP), you can set the ap-group from console before it comes up on the controller. This may not be possible for an IAP. 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent 

Thanks,
Rajaguru Vincent
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: