Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Trying to downgrade A620 controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Trying to downgrade A620 controller

Posted Mar 21, 2012 10:47 AM

I want to downgrade the image in partition 0 of an A620 controller from 6.1.1 to 5.0.4 - the controller is booting from partition 1 (AOS 6.1.2).  The downgrade of partition 0 fails with an error stating that there is "Not enough free space (need 55 MB)".   I am not sure how to delete the image in partition 0.

What I am ultimately trying to do is upgrade some RAP5s from 3.1 to 5.0, so that I can connect them to my production controller, which is running 6.1.3.  I was hoping to downgrade this spare controller, connect the RAP5s to it, so that I could upgrade them, and then connect them to my production controller.

cnidog

• 2.  RE: Trying to downgrade A620 controller

Posted Mar 21, 2012 12:26 PM

On the CLI use "show storage command" and verify that you have  least 75 MB of /flash available.
    If not, you must delete files from the file system before attempting a local
    file upgrade. Run the dir command to list all files (or use WebUI > Maintenance > Files). Delete all unnecessary
    files including crash files and logs.tar file. To ensure that all temporary (crash) files are removed, perform a tar
    crash and then remove the crash.tar file from the controller. You can copy these files on your local computer for future purposes.

Regards,

Sathya

• 3.  RE: Trying to downgrade A620 controller

Posted Mar 21, 2012 02:39 PM

Thank you, Sathya.  I can see from the output below that I only have 54MB of storage available in the /flash directory (file system /dev/mtdbblock1).  I assume from your response that this is where the uploaded image gets placed during the upgrade process.  I am not sure how to change to or list what is in the /flash directory, so that I know what I can know what to delete from here.

Filesystem                                     Size      Used      Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/mtdblock11                         156.0M    102.0M     54.0M  65% /flash

none                                           300.0M     41.7M    258.3M  14% /tmp

/dev/mtdblock9                            50.0M     24.3M     25.7M  49% /mnt/img0

/dev/mtdblock10                          50.0M     24.3M     25.7M  49% /mnt/img1

I also assume that the /mnt/img0 and img1 directories are partition 0 and partition 1?

Regards,

cnidog

• 4.  RE: Trying to downgrade A620 controller

Posted Mar 21, 2012 12:55 PM
    Make sure you clear your browser cache after the downgrade (and upgrade).