Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Turning Off 2.4GHz radio

Hello,

We are small liberal art college with roughly 1,400 students and 300 faculty.  The majority of our campus is outfitted with 200 series AC devices.  I am noticing that channel 11 gets pounded throughout our campus from those that are still using the 2.4 radio.

I am thinking about turning the 2.4 radio off to see how, or if it improves the wireless environment.  All of our 200 series APs are densly populated, so I am not worried about through put if we turn the 2.4 radio off.

Any thoughts.

Guru Elite

Re: Turning Off 2.4GHz radio

You would typically first reduce the transmit power on the 2.4ghz band to something like 9 or 6 so that devices do not prefer it, first.  If you turn off 2.4ghz, none of the devices that are 2.4ghz only will work.  

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Can I turn the power down on the 2.4 with out affecting ARM?  Is there an easy way of doing this?

Highlighted

You can set the max and min tx-power in the arm-profile.  Just check to make sure it is not in use by both radio profiles first.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACCX #817, ACMP, ACMX #294
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: