06-12-2015 02:38 PM
Hey there all, I'm looking at putting two 650 controllers on the same network (right now they are masters on two different networks) and am wondering how the licensing works. I have 16AP licenses for each controller and thus would like to be able to use up to 32 AP's on this network (until I can get the budgeting to replace the controllers with a newer, higher capacity one or go instant). Can I put them in a master\local arrangement and get that capacity (by putting all 32AP licenses on the master even though each 650 can only handle 16) or do I need to find a way to go with two masters? Any info would be helpful.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-12-2015 02:40 PM
06-12-2015 02:43 PM
thanks for the quick response.
So, setting them up as master\local and leaving the licensing on each controller will work. Do I then need to force AP's to use a specific controller? Do I need to leave some spare licensing space on the master for when AP's reboot and look for the master?
06-12-2015 11:38 PM
Solution is as follows,
1. Bring up Master-Local setup
2. Disable ADP on both the controllers
3. Configure two AP-Groups.
4. AP-Group1 : LMS IP= Master Controller IP, AP-Group2: LMS IP=Local Controller IP
5. Provision APs with Master IP (Master controller IP ) through DHCP or DNS
6. Once all APs terminate on Master, Provision 16 APs with AP-Group1 and remaining 16 APs with AP-Group2
This is the ideal solution for you requirement. Please feel free for any further help on this.
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]