Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Two SSIDs & Two LDAP Groups

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Two SSIDs & Two LDAP Groups

Posted Aug 01, 2012 01:01 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to configure have two different SSIDs with one being for a specific LDAP group.  We are currently not using RADIUS (that will be done in the future), and are authenticating directly to MS AD.  I currently have an SSID that anyone with an LDAP account can access, but I have another SSID that is to be used by a specific group.  At the moment, the only way I can see doing this is to copying the existing LDAP servers and filtering for the desired group.  Is there any other way to do this?  Thanks.

Controller 3200

OS 6.1.3.1

• 2.  RE: Two SSIDs & Two LDAP Groups

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2012 02:43 PM

Why not just have a single SSID and change the role based on the "memberOf" attribute?

• 3.  RE: Two SSIDs & Two LDAP Groups

Posted Aug 01, 2012 02:56 PM

Hey Cjospeh,

Currently our network design has a vlan for each SSID.  The Guest SSID/Vlan is used on both wired and wireless.

• 4.  RE: Two SSIDs & Two LDAP Groups

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2012 03:17 PM

Are your two different sets of users in a group or in separate containers (OUs)?  if they are in separate containers, you can have two different LDAP server definitions;  one where the base-dn is the OU of the first container and one where the second base-dn is the OU for the second container of users.

Will that work?

• 5.  RE: Two SSIDs & Two LDAP Groups

Posted Aug 01, 2012 04:37 PM

Hey Cjoseph,

The Guest SSID can be used by anyone with an LDAP account.  The other SSID will just be a single group, but its users will be in different OUs.  I originally thought of a creating a second LDAP definiation, but wasn't sure if there was another (better) way to do it.  I will go ahead with that method.

Thanks.