Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Two questions about Aruba Central Guest

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Two questions about Aruba Central Guest

Posted Aug 18, 2017 09:58 AM

Good morning everybody,

I am testing the Guest module of Aruba Central since tomorrow I have to implement an Instant cluster with Aruba Central in a new customer. I have set a splash page with type Username/Password. When I add a visitor I set his username and password and also the expire time (valid till). These are the problems I am facing:

1. The expire time doesn't work. I have set an expire time of 10 minutes, but after these 10 minutes I can continue browsing the Internet with the client:

expiretime.png

gueststate.png

As you can see, although the guests status is inactive since the expiration time has been reached, the users are still browsing, the session time is more than 10 minutes for Julian Ortiz (1149 secs). I can prove this because after the expire time has been reached I can continue browsing.

2. When I access the guest network from both Android and iOS mobiles, a certificate warning appears. Is there any way to avoid this? In addittion, from the Android mobile, once I click connect in the certificate warning, I have to enter the credentials again. Then, from an Android mobile I have to enter the credentials twice and I think this make the user experience worse. I have tested this from two different Android mobiles.

Has anyone faced these issues? Any recommendation to solve them? Please help since tomorrow I have to configure this with customer. Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Two questions about Aruba Central Guest

Posted Aug 19, 2017 11:02 AM

Hi guys,

Any ideas?

Regards,

Julián

• 3.  RE: Two questions about Aruba Central Guest

Posted Aug 21, 2017 11:08 AM

¿Community?