Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to Edit WLAN

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Unable to Edit WLAN

Posted Jun 20, 2017 11:49 AM
      |   view attached

I am trying to view, copy, or edit a WLAN (DSU_Secure), but when I select the WLAN I receive the following message:

"DSU_Secure has been modified such that it is no longer editable from this Wizard. REASON: Server group (cppm) is referenced by another WLAN (DSU_Guest) Captive portal profile. Use the full Configuration user interface to edit it" 

I get the same message when I try to view or edit WLAN (DSU_Guest). How can I edit these WLANs? Once again, I am not great at using the CLI to make changes.

Attached is the config file

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Unable to Edit WLAN

Posted Jun 20, 2017 10:48 PM

It seems that you are using the WLAN configuration Wizard menu.

Which browser are you using and which Aruba OS release?

Did you try to do it directly without the wizard?

• 3.  RE: Unable to Edit WLAN
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2017 10:59 PM

@IT_B0$$ wrote:

I am trying to view, copy, or edit a WLAN (DSU_Secure), but when I select the WLAN I receive the following message:

"DSU_Secure has been modified such that it is no longer editable from this Wizard. REASON: Server group (cppm) is referenced by another WLAN (DSU_Guest) Captive portal profile. Use the full Configuration user interface to edit it" 

I get the same message when I try to view or edit WLAN (DSU_Guest). How can I edit these WLANs? Once again, I am not great at using the CLI to make changes.

Attached is the config file

You probably made changes outside of the WLAN wizard.  You have to continue making changes outside of the Wizard.  What change do you want to make?

• 4.  RE: Unable to Edit WLAN

Posted Jun 21, 2017 09:07 PM

I did not set up any of the WLANS, I inherited this configuration, and trying to see how it is setup, and try to modify and somewhat duplicate the WLAN for the current requirements. My network team has setup new IP schemes and VLANs, so I am need to make edits to the current WLANs, or create new ones. But I first need to understand how these current ones are configured