Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to access OWA via Aruba Wireless

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Unable to access OWA via Aruba Wireless

Posted Jun 04, 2014 12:25 PM

HI All,

I am having a problem where my users cannot access the OWA once connected to the Aruba wireless network. They can access it with not problems once they are connected hardwire to the LAN and even when offsite at home. However, once connected to the our internal wireless they are unable to even browse to the owa site. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Is a configuration needed on the Aruba 3200 controller.

I hope someone could help.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Unable to access OWA via Aruba Wireless

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2014 12:29 PM

While on the wireless, do an NSLOOKUP to the URL of the OWA page and see if they are receiving the wrong address.

• 3.  RE: Unable to access OWA via Aruba Wireless

Posted Jun 04, 2014 01:40 PM

HI cjoseph, the NSLOOKUP did bring back the correct IP address while on the wireless. It showed the correct name and IP for the domain controller and the Exchange server but we still not able to access OWA.

• 4.  RE: Unable to access OWA via Aruba Wireless

Posted Jun 04, 2014 12:53 PM
    Try pinging that server and see if any other traffic can reach it. If so ensure you have no firewall policies preventing access as well.

• 5.  RE: Unable to access OWA via Aruba Wireless

Posted Jun 04, 2014 01:57 PM

HI tsd25108, I can ping the server via IP and FQDN while connected to the wireless but just can't browse to OWA. There are no firewall policies blocking it because I can connect to it even when i am at home. The issue only occurs once I am connected to my internal corporate wireless.

• 6.  RE: Unable to access OWA via Aruba Wireless

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2014 01:59 PM

Does the user role on the wireless allow traffic to that server?

What is the role that the user gets?

What firewall policies are applied to that role?

• 7.  RE: Unable to access OWA via Aruba Wireless

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2014 02:20 PM

@cjoseph wrote:

Does the user role on the wireless allow traffic to that server?

What is the role that the user gets?

"show user"

What firewall policies are applied to that role?

"show rights <user-role>"

• 8.  RE: Unable to access OWA via Aruba Wireless

Posted Jun 04, 2014 03:10 PM

How or where do I find the user roles on teh controller? Sorry, I am very new to Aruba.

Thanks

• 9.  RE: Unable to access OWA via Aruba Wireless

Posted Jun 04, 2014 03:14 PM

Sorry, I apologize. When I said firewall policies I was talking about their policies associated with their role in the controller. You can find these under Configuration -> Access Control -> User Roles and choose the user role that the users are being given. A quick way to tell what user role they have is under Dashboard -> Clients and you should be able to see what role they're given once they authenticate. Check the policies associated with that role and see if any of them would cause the traffic to be blocked.

• 10.  RE: Unable to access OWA via Aruba Wireless

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2014 03:16 PM

If you SSH into the controller that the clients are on, issue these commands

1. show user --> to find the user and their role

2. show rights <role-name> --> to see what policies are applied to that role

• 11.  RE: Unable to access OWA via Aruba Wireless

Posted Nov 08, 2018 11:10 AM

I know this is a old post but I'm having the same problems.  Were you ever able to fix the problem.  I yes, what was the fix action.