Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Unable to access master-backup Vlan IP

Hi,

I've got a weird problem when I try to access the master-backup controller through a wireless connection that is on the same Vlan (subnet) as the actual interface. I am able to access (ping)  and manage (gui) the master-backup from other wired subnets at the site and from a remote device. I'm able to manage the master controller via the wireless so the issue is when trying to access the master-backup via the wireless network only. Any idea what might be causing this? It's not a major drama as the device is accessible from other sites and via the wired network.

What makes it even more confusing is that I can ping the loopback interface of the master-backup, just not the Vlan ip address.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks

Re: Unable to access master-backup Vlan IP

I would like to add that if I clear my arp cache on my machine, then ping the ip address .6 I get the correct MAC address for the Vlan interface, just not a ping reply. When logged into the controller I can ping my IP address from the controller?

Finally, plugging a wired port into the Vlan I'm able to ping the IP address, so it looks like it is related to the wireless....somehow?

MVP

Is there a rule in the role you're in preventing you from reaching it? Can you get a screen grab of the rules for that role.
ACDX #419 | ACMP |

Hi,

I've checked the role, it is 'authenticated' with a permit ip any any.

I've checked the firewall hits and the controller is permitting the ICMP from the client to the IP address but it is not getting a reply from the backup controller.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: