Wireless Access

New Contributor

Unable to change already provisioned AP name...

Hey all.

I have a slight issue I am trying to resolve. I have 105 and 135 AP's that I need to relocate to different areas but I am unable to rename completely provisioned AP's from the GUI. I have searched the forum for an answer but I cannot seem to find one.

I have tried the following command from the SSH terminal.:

local-userdb modify mac-address d8:c7:c8:ca:97:37 ap-name JFK-FOYER
                                                                                         ^
But the error is that my ap is not found in the local directory. I may be going about this the wrong way. Any steer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: Unable to change already provisioned AP name...

you are looking for the "ap-rename" command.  The access point also needs to be up and running on the controller to be renamed.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Thank you much cjoseph.  Much appreciated.

New Contributor

I know this is solved but I had a slightly different issue. If you're running an AP whitelist you have to change the device provisioning through the Wireless>AP Installation>Whitelist. If you do not, the whitelisted settings will take precedence over your ap-rename. The GUI does NOT tell you this. It will accept the commands reboot the AP and it will come up with it's original provisioning. I only caught this through the CLI it gives you the message: "NOTE: For cert RAP ap-name (if specified) in RAP whitelist will take precedence."

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: