Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to get IAP-205 to accept a config from Airwave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Unable to get IAP-205 to accept a config from Airwave

Posted Dec 22, 2017 03:01 PM

Hello, I have been out of the loop for a bit with Airwave and need some advice/help. I have setup a test server and have an Instant AP that I want to manage with my Airwave server. Server is on 8.2.4.1, IAP is on 6.5.4.3.

I have created the group in AMP and added the AP. AMP can see it, but I keep the config status stays in "error". When I dig around it tells me that the firmware version is not in the command list or just sticks in "Processing" mode. 

Is this a firmware to AMP incompatibility issue or am I missing a setting somewhere. I have IGC enabled for the group and have configured an SSID and other basic stuff.

• 2.  RE: Unable to get IAP-205 to accept a config from Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 22, 2017 03:57 PM

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=27418

It should be supported.    With IGC you should be able to select the firmware level for configuration.

Screenshot 2017-12-22 at 14.17.20.png

• 3.  RE: Unable to get IAP-205 to accept a config from Airwave

Posted Dec 22, 2017 05:17 PM

My server is on 8.2.4.1, does that mean it will only support 6.5.3 or lower? I can't see where I can change the firmware version for configuration under the IGC settings.

• 4.  RE: Unable to get IAP-205 to accept a config from Airwave
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 22, 2017 07:21 PM

I figured it out. I had to downgrade to 6.5.3.x and change the policy level in Airwave Settings to 6.5.3. Working now.