Wireless Access

New Contributor

Unable to run ap-flash command

Hello,

I am trying to update the backup partition on my RAP's prior to a new firmware upgrade, but I keep getting an error message each time I run the apflash ap-name <name of RAP> backup-partition command.  When I run it, it keeps telling me "Invalid Input detected at ^ marker" and it is pointing to the b in backup-partion.  I don't have any spaces in my ap name, but I even tried enclosing it in quotes to see if that would help.

I have a 6000 Mobility Controller running ArubaOS 6.1.2.5.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris 

Guru Elite

Re: Unable to run ap-flash command

That commad was removed, and does not exist in ArubaOS 6.x.  It only exists in ArubaOS 5.x.  

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Thanks!  Is there any way to upgrade the backup partition in the new OS?

Guru Elite

You can try contacting support.  Do you know what version your backup partition is?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I will give support a call.  The new RAPs that I just got in are 5.0.  I had backed up the existing ones prior to the last OS update on my controller and they are at 6.0.1.2.

Guru Elite

If the backup partition on your RAPs are 5.0 code, you do not have to apflash them, at all.

5.0 zero touch, or backup partition provides at the Zero Touch Screen:

- Static IP addressing

- 3G support at the Zero Touch Screen

- DSL pppoe support

When an AP contacts a controller the code it downloads from the controller it is contacting takes over and the backup or zero touch partition is never used again, unless you do a factory reset.

The users who MUST do an apflash are ones who have the 3.x-RN code on their Zero Touch partition.  The APs now ship from the factory with 5.x in the Zero Touch Partition.

Colin Joseph

New Contributor

As long as I can keep them at 5.0 without an issue, than I will keep them that way.  There are times that I do have to have my users do a factory reset remotely and I just wanted to make sure that if I updated the ArubaOS on the controller, I would not prevent those RAPs from connecting.  Thanks for your help!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: