Wireless Access

New Contributor

Unable to sync configuration with members:

Working on a stack of three Aruba S2500-48P-4x10GB PoE, they have been working fine for the last 10 months.  Made a simple change to the config, went to save the config and get this message:

Saving Configuration............................................................................................................................................................................

...................................................................................................................................

Unable to sync configuration with members: 1

Write memory command failed. Please try again !!

Has anyone else ran across this?  Unfortuantely I'm not in an environment where we can simply reboot and see if the problem goes away.

Guru Elite

Re: Unable to sync configuration with members:

What version of code? This was a known bug in a 7.2.x release.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

They're running Version 7.1.3.2

Aruba

Yes, this issue was seen in images prior to 7.2.2.2. Here's the description of the issue from the release notes.

Symptom: Executing the write memory command on a standalone Mobility Access Switch or an ArubaStack was periodically failing with the following error message:

Write memory command failed. Please try again !!

Additionally, the show image version command also stopped displaying details properly. Upgrading to ArubaOS 7.2.2.2 resolves this issue.

Scenario: This issue occurred when the file system incorrectly became read-only. This was not limited to any specific Mobility Access Switch model.

Guru Elite

That code is from early 2012 and likely has this bug. Temporary solution is to reboot. You should plan to upgrade your code.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

cappalli - You mentioned rebooting as a temporary solution.  If you do that will any config changes that took place since the last write mem be preserved?  If not, will you be able to change the configuration after the reboot and then perform a write mem?

New Contributor

I confirmed. When it is in this state nothing gets saved as the error message indicates. A reboot will allow you to save the configuration. 

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: