Wireless Access

Contributor I

Unexpected Master/Masterbackup VRRP Failover

Has anyone had a VRRP failover between their master and masterbackup 72xx controllers that was initiated with the following error?

"fpapps[3347]: <399816> <ERRS> |fpapps|  hapiPortLinkStatus: Failed to read phy status on port 0/0/0"

Thanks guys,

Fred

MVP

Re: Unexpected Master/Masterbackup VRRP Failover

Nope, but quickest way to get an answer would be to open a support case
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Contributor I

Thank you for the null answer Pasguela,

Aruba recommends you check with the community first. 

If anyone has a productive answer please post.

Thanks,

Fred

Aruba Employee

fhollowa,

I suggest you open a support case with our support organization.

We do suggest you check our community first but if this is impacting your service to your "customers" going dirrectly to TAC would be the best route.

For gathering more information on certain topics or non impacting issues community is a good route to go.

Regards,

Hannes

MVP

fhollowa wrote:

Thank you for the null answer Pasguela,

Aruba recommends you check with the community first. 

If anyone has a productive answer please post.

Thanks,

Fred

Here from the syslog message guide:

[error:%s]
Description: This is a transient error. This typically occurs if communication between
master/local is lost and a new session established, the controller is awaiting the next
frame in the sequence and receives an unexpected message, such as messages
belonging to a new sequence. This will only happen if the communication failure occurs
as heartbeat message is exchanged, and is usually the result of frame loss between the
involved controllers.

At least get my name right ;).

ACDX #420 | ACMP
Contributor I

It's not service impacting. I was trying to gather more information.

Contributor I

Thanks Pasquale,

It's between the master and the masterbackup. It's not between the master and a local. Also connectivity was not lost between the master/masterbackup controllers. The main thing I was looking for was if anyone knew of any related Bug IDs.

Fred

MVP

[ Edited ]

Therefore like I mentioned, opening a support case will give you the best viewpoint on this because if it is a bug they will tell you or if they identified a new bug from your case, they will get it fixed.

EDIT: The syslog message guide shows this as the reason and it only mentions master/local but it can apply to master/master

Capture.JPG

ACDX #420 | ACMP
Contributor I

Okay, First of all did you ever consider that we both opened a TAC case and queried the community? Are you telling me that I am wrong in posting this question on Aruba's discussion forums? Does Aruba not want us as a customer to post questions to this forum or did I in some manner errantly present the question?

Secondly, all evidence points to this being an issue with the API failing to receive a response to a status query against the interface.

Now please allow us to move forward in trying to gain a better understanding of the error message and the unexpected VRRP failover.

Super Contributor II

[ Edited ]

I lay down the law around here… Just Kidding. :-)

Hi Fred (fhollowa), you are right, I recommend going to the community first unless the problem is currently impacting users like others have mentioned. Also not everyone has support services… in your defense. In this case, the community is the only place to go.

This is the first time I have ever seen this error message and probably so for others. We will try to help you the best we can. If it is an already reported bug, support would be able to alert you faster. At the beginning of the convo users were trying to get you help as quickly as possible because of an expecting outage. This is why pmonardo (one of or MVPs) quickly stated call support. Since he did not know the answer then he figured most of the people on here would not know as well and you would be helped faster with support.

Then…. it seems like it escalated from there :-)

Let’s try this again. Yo, Airheads Squad! (  @cjoseph @cappalli @SethFiermonti @Michael_Clarke  @tarnold @Jamie E @clembo @Marcus @NightShade1 @victorfabian   ) You guys ever seen anything like this?

Sean Rynearson | Chief Airhead
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: