Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Update Aruba OS on backup partition, then what?

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Update Aruba OS on backup partition, then what?

Posted Nov 14, 2017 12:37 PM

Hi everyone, all the documentation for upgrading aruba OS states that best practice is to update the backup partition first, then you can recover to the default partition if something goes wrong.

but it doesnt say what to do if something DOESNT go wrong with the upgrade i.e. you now have an upgraded backup partition with version e.g. 6.4.4.16 and a default partition with version 6.4.0.0,

In order to complete the upgrade would i have to change the default boot partition to the newly upgraded partition and then restart the controller?

many thanks

• 2.  RE: Update Aruba OS on backup partition, then what?

Posted Nov 14, 2017 12:52 PM

A controller reboot is required once the partition is upgraded. The controller will display a message saying that it will boot from the upgraded partition during the next reboot.

More details can be found in the ArubaOS Release notes:

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=218

• 3.  RE: Update Aruba OS on backup partition, then what?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2017 12:53 PM

When you upload firmware to the controller, the the boot partition is changed to that partition.  You only have to reboot after the firmware is loaded to finish the upgrade.

• 4.  RE: Update Aruba OS on backup partition, then what?

Posted Nov 14, 2017 02:29 PM
    Colin sir, you are fast becoming my hero :)
    Many thanks