Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Update a RAP-5WN AOS from 3.x to 6.x

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Update a RAP-5WN AOS from 3.x to 6.x

Posted May 23, 2012 12:18 PM

My boss purchased a RAP-5WN that currently setup with AOS 3.x and our controllers are on 6.x.

The stupid thing is communicating with the controller and  says that it's updating but all it's doing is rebooting over and over.

I've factory defaulted it many times 

• 2.  RE: Update a RAP-5WN AOS from 3.x to 6.x

Posted May 23, 2012 04:14 PM

The RAP needs to go through a upgrade hop in order to come up on 6.x controller "3.x -> 5.x -> 6.x"

Following are the sequence of steps: 

1. Terminate the RAP-5WN on a controller running 5.x code version 

2. Upgrade the backup-partition on the RAP to the 5.x code version using the following command on the 5.x controller

apflash ap-name <Name_of_RAP> backup-partition

3. Run the following command to make sure that the backup partition on the RAP has been upgraded to 5.x version

show ap image version ap-name <ap-name>

4. Now, re-provision the RAP to connect to 6.x controller. 

--

HT 

• 3.  RE: Update a RAP-5WN AOS from 3.x to 6.x

Posted May 25, 2012 08:28 AM

Thanks for the suggestion... now I'll have to find a controller to downgrade :smileysurprised:

• 4.  RE: Update a RAP-5WN AOS from 3.x to 6.x

Posted Jun 06, 2012 02:09 PM

If you open a TAC case, they have 5.x controllers available for just this purpose....

• 5.  RE: Update a RAP-5WN AOS from 3.x to 6.x

Posted Sep 03, 2012 03:49 PM

I can confirm Aruba TAC will open a case for this - just waiting for the engineer to arrange a suitable time. Thanks for the tip vinsona ;)