Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrade ArubaOS 6.2.1.2

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Upgrade ArubaOS 6.2.1.2

Posted Jun 27, 2013 02:17 AM

Hello

I upgrade my controler to version 6.2.1.2 and now the dasboard page is white with IE10, the other page monitoring, configuration , diagnostics, etc is ok . With  chrome all page is ok

is it a java problem ?

• 2.  RE: Upgrade ArubaOS 6.2.1.2
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 27, 2013 04:11 AM

Hey, if you check the release notes for 6.2.1.2 you'll see that IE10 is not supported. Below are the supported browsers

Beginning with ArubaOS 6.2, the following browsers are officially supported for use with the ArubaOS
    WebUI:

- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.x and 9.x on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and MacOS
    - Mozilla Firefox 14, 15, and 16 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and MacOS
    - Apple Safari 5.x on MacOS

• 3.  RE: Upgrade ArubaOS 6.2.1.2

Posted Jun 28, 2013 09:29 AM

I upgraded all controllers and master last week to 6.2.1.2 and since then my AP's (118 ap's) are showing as down from the GUI. CLI shows the correct state which is up. Rebooting the master did show the AP's as up,, but today it is showing 115 down and only 3 up,, which is incorrect again.

I am using IE9 .... haven't tried chrome.

• 4.  RE: Upgrade ArubaOS 6.2.1.2

Posted Jul 10, 2013 01:30 PM

I have a similar issue. I upgraded from 6.1.2.7. After the upgrade, I logged into the controller using Firefox ver 22.  navigating to Wireless > AP Installation , The controller (GUI) shows that my AP104 (all three of them) are IU, meaning unprovisioned. Which they are not. When I click on the provision button, the screen just goes blank and all I see is a white screen.  I took a laptop and logged into one of the APs via the console, and verified that the AP is actually still provisioned.

I then launched IE 9, and logged into the controller. The AP Installation page still shows that my APs are UI, however, when I click on the Provision button, I am able to see the provision page.

I think there are at least two issues with this build. 1. browser issues, and 2. incorrect reporting on AP provisioning.

I have reboot all the APs multiples times, I have reboot the controller multiple times and it still did not work.

then when I used IE9 and navigated to the provision page, I noticed that it is requiring to fill in the value of the antenna gain. These fields are empty. So I put in values for the antenna gain, and reboot the APs. It now works and all APs come back up.

So if you come across similar issues when you do your upgrades, you may look to see if there are missing fields in the associated page your dealing with.

• 5.  RE: Upgrade ArubaOS 6.2.1.2

Posted Jul 11, 2013 02:45 PM

Thanks for the response.

I don't really want to go into each AP's provisioning page and set gain values.. I have 129 AP's in use right now.

If I reboot the Master the AP's show "UP" for x amount of time.... next time into the Master.. all are down in the GUI.. UP from the CLI....