Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrade caused Captive Portal to go blank

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Upgrade caused Captive Portal to go blank

Posted Nov 07, 2013 09:15 AM

Hi,

I upgraded my 3400 controller from 6.1.3.7 to 6.1.3.10 to avoid the certificate expiration date 11/21/2013.

This caused the controller to redirect to secure.arubanetworks.com but the page is blank, even when viewing source code, its just nothing.

If I allow ping from the cp role, I'm able to ping any site on the internet, so routing seems to work OK.

Any good ideas where to start looking or how to repair CP to default ?

/Kevin 

• 2.  RE: Upgrade caused Captive Portal to go blank
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2013 07:02 PM

I see no one has replied here.  Have you contacted support?  That is your best bet.  Sorry for any delay

• 3.  RE: Upgrade caused Captive Portal to go blank

Posted Nov 08, 2013 04:11 AM

Thank you for your reply, I'll create a support case. :)

• 4.  RE: Upgrade caused Captive Portal to go blank

Posted Nov 11, 2013 02:06 PM
    I'd love to know what happened here.
    We are gearing up to upgrade our controllers to avoid the certificate expiration date on 11/21/2013.

we are going to 6.1.3.9 though, not 10.

• 5.  RE: Upgrade caused Captive Portal to go blank

Posted Nov 12, 2013 02:32 AM

Hi Pasquale,

The technician only had time to look at it Friday this week, so we're still awaiting a solution. We did a workaround temporarily with a wep-key.

/Kevin

• 6.  RE: Upgrade caused Captive Portal to go blank

Posted Nov 19, 2013 05:25 AM

Hi All,

Kevin,

I'm facing the same issue after upgrade from version 5.0.4.3 to 6.1.3.10. Did you get any solution from support ?

Thanks.

Anis.

• 7.  RE: Upgrade caused Captive Portal to go blank

Posted Nov 19, 2013 05:32 AM

Hi Anis,

It is still ongoing, unfortunately a reset and restore of flash backup didn't even solve the issue.

We tested this procedure on a fresh controller and that worked perfectly, so we're thinking it has to be corrupt files in the flash system.

But Aruba is on the case and hopefully we'll have an answer soon :)

/Kevin

• 8.  RE: Upgrade caused Captive Portal to go blank

Posted Nov 19, 2013 01:16 PM

Interested to see how this goes.  Just finished upgrading the rest of 620s last night and haven't had any complaints.  Did about a dozen a few weeks ago and waited a week before doing the rest.

Still have to do the 3600s but have been asked to hold off for another day.  Hoping it isn't an issue with 3xxx controllers.

• 9.  RE: Upgrade caused Captive Portal to go blank

Posted Nov 19, 2013 08:17 PM

Hi,

I did 4 A6xx upgrades and faced no issues.

I made the upgrade on a Master(A3200)/Master-backup(A3200)/Local (A620) architecture, and, for the same configuration, captive portal works on A6xx but not on A3200 controllers.

I'm going to open a case with support. I keep you updated.

Regards,

Anis.