Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Upgrade from M1 to M3

Hello,

I'm planning an upgrade from M1 to M3 in a 6000 Controller (which is the master in my network), I'm also using CPsec with a certificate issued from a CA in my master controller.

Are there some considerations to take into account or simply doing a "backup flash" on  M1 and a "restore flash" in M3 is enough??

Thank you

MVP

Re: Upgrade from M1 to M3

[ Edited ]

Hi

Yes [I once did it from 2400 to 6000 SC-128 ] it can be done :smileyhappy:

You need to  be aware and check it very good after deploying the flash: [before moving to production]

• AOS version [keep it simple from the same aos to the same aos and then upgrade if needed]
  • Some keys\secrets\password might not pass via backup flash. *check it*

• interfaces - you should check very good your config after reloading the flash. vlans and ips
  • Don't forget all the licenses issue.
  • Check all your L2/L3 AAA servers & access profiles very good. *nas ip nas id and more*

Also read the following thread: [it will give u some ideas]

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Mobility-Controllers/Adding-a-new-master-controller-what-is-the-best-practice/m-p/34079#M3194

have a lovely week.

Me

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Frequent Contributor II

all those steps are taken into account

after upgrading I have had to reaproval all ap under campus white list, they show the message like:

18 02:13:54 :399803:  <ERRS> |AP ap-S02.0.49_sw128.62_p2/0/24@192.168.136.25 sapd|  An internal system error has occurred at file sapd_msg.c function sapd_proc_install_cert_req line 3164 error AP is unable to fix certificate chain. Controller certificate hierarchy may have changed. Re-approval needed..
Feb 18 02:13:56 :311002:  <WARN> |AP ap-S02.0.49_sw128.62_p2/0/24@192.168.136.25 sapd|  Rebooting: SAPD: Unable to install cert. Need to re-approve AP

Is there some command to do it for all ap?

Frequent Contributor II

I have a question I don't stop thinking about,

If a have a certificate from a CA in a controller M1 and I replace that controller with a new M3, doing restore "flash flashbackup.tar.gz", which certificate is used for CPSec, the previous one used in M1 or some new certificate shipped with the new M3?.

I asking that because after upgrading to M3, I have had to reaprove all my AP to install a new certificate and get ready with the new master.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: