Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgraded from 6.3.1.2 to 6.3.1.10 - no issues!

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Upgraded from 6.3.1.2 to 6.3.1.10 - no issues!

Posted Sep 22, 2014 07:57 PM

I suppose there's nothing to report, but sometimes that's good and I figure a success story is rare.

Last week (Thursday) we upgraded 7 36xx and two 72xx controllers from AOS6.3.1.2 to 6.3.1.10

Aside from the firmware pull for all of the 600+ AP60/65, AP92/93 and AP104/105 going over the allotted 30 minutes, everything went smoothly.

Now almost 5 days later, there have been no complaints about any negative impact to wireless use - of course there haven't been and comments about improvements, but I've learned not to expect those.

• 2.  RE: Upgraded from 6.3.1.2 to 6.3.1.10 - no issues!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 23, 2014 01:58 AM

Agreed.  The only (non) issue I saw in going from 6.1.3.4 to 6.3.1.9 was the new 'rf arm-rf-domain-profile' parameter.

Normally I like to disconnect the locals from the master, and then upgrade everything.  Once all the locals are upgraded and APs are up, I join the locals to the master again.  In this case, they stayed down case the 'arm-rf-domain-profile' key had not been pushed down from the master.

Once the locals were joined to the master again, the APs all came back no problem.