Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrading Production Network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Upgrading Production Network

Posted Apr 01, 2013 08:56 AM

We are getting ready to upgrade to 6.2 (in the next month or so).  Based on some lab testing, it looks like all of the controllers need to be running the same version of the ArubaOS.  We have a master and 3 local controllers with ~1500 APs connected.  Does this mean that I basically have to 'reboot' my entire wireless network at once?

It would be much more attractive if the master could be updated first and the locals could still connect to it.  This would allow us to upgrade a single local controller at a time.

• 2.  RE: Upgrading Production Network
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 01, 2013 09:09 AM

@lroe wrote:

We are getting ready to upgrade to 6.2 (in the next month or so).  Based on some lab testing, it looks like all of the controllers need to be running the same version of the ArubaOS.  We have a master and 3 local controllers with ~1500 APs connected.  Does this mean that I basically have to 'reboot' my entire wireless network at once?

It would be much more attractive if the master could be updated first and the locals could still connect to it.  This would allow us to upgrade a single local controller at a time.

Iroe,

In the release notes for the version of ArubaOs you are upgrading to, there is a section on "Upgrade Procedures".  Please consult that portion of the release notes for general best practices about upgrading and information specific to that version of code.

• 3.  RE: Upgrading Production Network

Posted Apr 01, 2013 09:54 AM

I was looking at the User Guide and not finding anything pertinent.  Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Upgrading Production Network

Posted Apr 03, 2013 01:51 PM
    Hello Iroe,
    don't look in UserGuide.
    Look into Release Notes for ArubaOS version you are looking for ;)
    Regards
    Jaroslav