Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upload config from template not working

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Upload config from template not working

Posted Jul 18, 2013 02:20 PM

When I try to upload a .txt file that I used for my configuration template. I get "Error determining current configuration file version." when I try to point the controller to use the file.

Does anyone know what I'm missing to get around this problem?

Thanks,

dz

• 2.  RE: Upload config from template not working

Posted Jul 18, 2013 02:35 PM

Can you paste the first 5 lines of the config file, controller modal and the version. 

• 3.  RE: Upload config from template not working

Posted Jul 18, 2013 02:46 PM

It's an Aruba 3400 controller running Version 6.1.3.4-AirGroup

version 6.1
    enable secret "***************"
    enable bypass
    prompt Aruba3400-T
    loginsession timeout 60
    loginsession timeout 3600 sec
    hostname "Aruba3400-T"

• 4.  RE: Upload config from template not working

Posted Jul 18, 2013 03:17 PM

is this config file belong to a airgroup code or a different code ??

• 5.  RE: Upload config from template not working

Posted Jul 18, 2013 04:13 PM

Airgroup code.

All I want to do is create a file with my config in it and upload it to the controller.  When I try to do this, I get an error saying that it can't tell what version the file is and it fails.  This seems like it should be a simle task, but it's not working.  I was using airwave, but it won't work with the configs that I am using due to Aruba acknowledged bugs. So, I'm left with this mechanism.  I'm attempting a pretty large mass rollout and hand configuring all of these devices just isn't working for us.

update: no love from tech support either.  A simple text file for config can't be uploaded. They suggested editing an existing config which doesn't really work for us batch/bulk generating configs.

update2: so if I download a config file from a controller, and thenedit it. 98% of the config works. SNMPv3 community strings and users/passwords need to be created manually, still, but I get a file that canbe uploaded.

Tech support and my SE don't seem to be able to help. I wish someone in Aruba knew why you'd get a " can't determine version" error if you simply upload a cfg file.