Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Upper limit for SSID on a controller

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Upper limit for SSID on a controller

Posted Aug 10, 2017 06:21 AM

My Question is how much SSID's , virt. AP's or AP-Groups can handle a Aruba 7220 Controller. For example: On a Campus with round 700 Rooms the Customer need in each room a AP. Each AP should be send a own SSID with the roomnumber. The owner of the room should be connect only to his SSID not to an other. Is this a possible solution ?

Josef

• 2.  RE: Upper limit for SSID on a controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2017 06:52 AM
    That is a poor design. Each extra SSID added to the air will present more management traffic which will Degrade performance. In addition, managing traffic from 700 SSIDs will be an administration nightmare. It would be better to have a single SSID and have users login with individual credentials.,

• 3.  RE: Upper limit for SSID on a controller

Posted Aug 10, 2017 08:11 AM

Hi Collin,

thank yor for the answer, That was precisely also my fears, but it is even worse, more than 20 locations with ca 10000 Acesspoints should be installed over a Master-Local construct so the number of the SSID's would be then also approximately 10000th this becomes a disastery.

I think that Is so not to be realized.

BR.

Josef

• 4.  RE: Upper limit for SSID on a controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2017 08:32 AM

Nobody really deploys this way (different SSID for each room), and the people that do, face serious performance issues and confusion.  Please let us know what your situation is so we can propose another design.