Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Use Campus APs in Controllerless Environment

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Use Campus APs in Controllerless Environment

Posted Nov 28, 2017 04:20 AM

I have an Aruba Controller 7010, Campus APs 315 and 275. It was already configured and working, serving internal and guest network. I thought, CAPs and IAPs is one model convertible to one another, but it turns out they are different.  Our supplier didn't say anything either.

My problem is if our controller is down, is there any configuration or set-up we could do with our CAPs to continue to work(for the meantime)? Buying a secondary controller is not a choice right now.

Thank you in advance.

• 2.  RE: Use Campus APs in Controllerless Environment

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 28, 2017 04:36 AM

If the AP is a CAP (as opposed to IAP converted to a CAP) then you will need to restore the controller as this holds all of the central configuration.There is only minimal changes which you can make on a CAP (such as IP addressing, master IP etc) without a controller.

• 3.  RE: Use Campus APs in Controllerless Environment

Posted Dec 04, 2017 06:06 AM

Hi

From my point of view you have no change, sorry. If you order an AP (not an IAP) the AP can't convert to an IAP. 

Maybe you can try to flash an IAP Firmware on the CAP. But may an offical supporter can verfiy it first. ;) I have never test this.