Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

User Idle Timeout

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  User Idle Timeout

Posted Jun 03, 2013 02:07 PM

Hi, is there any way i can make the user idle timeout a per SSID? Currently my customer has Staff SSID(WPA2-PSK) and Guest SSID(external captive portal), they want the Staff SSID to have an idle timeout of 8hrs and the Guest of 30mins. I see the User Idle Timeout setting in the controller but it seems that it applies to all users regardless of what SSID or role they get. Is there any way i can have separate idle timeouts for the two SSIDs? Thank you.

• 2.  RE: User Idle Timeout

Posted Jun 03, 2013 03:33 PM

This is not possible under the 5.x or 6.1.x AOS code , what code are you running ?

on 6.2 you can define this under the SSID profile : Station Ageout Time

If you do have 6.2 , you should probably open a TAC case to consult whether it is recommended to change the default value 1000secs

• 3.  RE: User Idle Timeout

Posted Jun 03, 2013 11:26 PM
    Thanks vfabian for the reply. I thought station ageout time is the time where the controller holds the user's info after the user disconnects? Anyway i will try this, i'm actually a bit confused withthe two.