Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

User association with acess point

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  User association with acess point

Posted Feb 06, 2017 12:52 PM

Hi.

Some times I have problem with user' s device is associated with ap away your work's local. When in your local have a ap near.
    How Can I do a device associate with other?

Thks.

• 2.  RE: User association with acess point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2017 01:22 PM

You can start by lowering the ARM maximum transmit power for your AP.

• 3.  RE: User association with acess point

Posted Feb 06, 2017 02:21 PM

Thanks Colin.

But the problem are the other users who connect in this AP. If the user's device find the AP it associate and maintain, don't associate with the AP near in your office.

What I wish, is disconnect this device from the first AP and wait the device connect to the second AP.

Thks.

• 4.  RE: User association with acess point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2017 02:50 PM

Are you saying that users associate to the first AP in the front of the office, move around and then don't roam to other APS?

• 5.  RE: User association with acess point

Posted Feb 06, 2017 03:18 PM

If the users associate to the first AP don't loss the contact with the first AP, don't associate with the second. Or to turn off wi-fi wait a time and turn on and connect the ssid. 

• 6.  RE: User association with acess point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2017 04:33 PM

How far apart are your APs?  If you turn down the power on your APs, the client will start looking for another AP sooner.

• 7.  RE: User association with acess point

Posted Feb 07, 2017 08:58 AM

Before installation the APs had done a site survey, the problem is not so serious. I wish to know just in some cases that happen how to disconnect and wait  it connect with a AP near.