Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

User association with acess point

Hi.

Some times I have problem with user' s device is associated with ap away your work's local. When in your local have a ap near.
How Can I do a device associate with other?

Thks.

Guru Elite

Re: User association with acess point

You can start by lowering the ARM maximum transmit power for your AP.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks Colin.

But the problem are the other users who connect in this AP. If the user's device find the AP it associate and maintain, don't associate with the AP near in your office.

What I wish, is disconnect this device from the first AP and wait the device connect to the second AP.

Thks.

Guru Elite

Are you saying that users associate to the first AP in the front of the office, move around and then don't roam to other APS?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

If the users associate to the first AP don't loss the contact with the first AP, don't associate with the second. Or to turn off wi-fi wait a time and turn on and connect the ssid. 

Guru Elite

How far apart are your APs?  If you turn down the power on your APs, the client will start looking for another AP sooner.

Colin Joseph

Before installation the APs had done a site survey, the problem is not so serious. I wish to know just in some cases that happen how to disconnect and wait  it connect with a AP near.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: