Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Users randomly lose network connectivity but stay connected to SSID

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Users randomly lose network connectivity but stay connected to SSID

Posted Nov 14, 2017 10:35 AM
      |   view attached

Our 7210 controllers (master/local) are running 6.5.4.3 (we were previously on 6.5.4.0).  We have users who are both hardwired and on wifi who experience losing connectivity from our corporate SSID, HS-Corp. As you can see, the user was still connected to HS-Corp and was able to ping the default gateway. However, the user lost all connectivity beyond the gateway and wasn't able to ping 8.8.8.8. The user's connection wasn't restored until I manually turned off wifi. As soon as I did that, the user was able to ping 8.8.8.8 again and full connectivity was restored. I turned wifi back on after that and the user was fine but it's only a matter of time until this happens again. What is interesting and notable is that this is only happening to users in a new part of the office that opened up two months ago.  There are no issues with any users who are sitting in the old part of the office.  The old section of the office is running off AP-215 while the new part of the office is running off AP-315.  AP groups all share identical configuration.  In addition, the service order is set on Macs so that ethernet has priority over wifi.  Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know why this is happening?

• 2.  RE: Users randomly lose network connectivity but stay connected to SSID

Posted Sep 12, 2018 12:42 PM

Did you find a solution to this issue? I am experiencing something similar

• 3.  RE: Users randomly lose network connectivity but stay connected to SSID

Posted Sep 13, 2018 05:02 AM

I completely forgot about this thread, but yes, I did find the solution and it had nothing to do with Aruba at all.  Turns out it was the version of IOS-XE code we were running on our Cisco 4510R+E switch where all the APs having issues terminate.  Once I downgraded the version of code from 03.06.06.E.152-2.E6 to 03.06.03.E.152-2.E3 everything was fine.  Hopefully this helps with your issue!