Wireless Access

Contributor II

Using FileZilla to import/export files from a controller

Hello, I wanted to see if anyone has done this and can give the correct procedure. The controller will not let me connect via FTP or SFTP. I am using a MAC and have not tried WINSCP yet from a Windows laptop/VM. I use FileZilla quite a bit for this purpose with other products and would like to be able to do so with the Aruba controllers as well.

MVP

Re: Using FileZilla to import/export files from a controller

I do not believe the controllers accept interactive sessions for ftp or sftp - the file system isn't exposed in that way.

Are you trying to pull configuration backups? You'd need a scripted connection which can log in to the CLI and enable priviledged mode then copy the configuration to an FTP or SFTP server.

I use Airwave for that now, but prior to installing Airwave I used a scripting tool for PuTTY to do it.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
MVP

The controllers will not accept a connection like what you are trying to initiate. The only way to move files from flash is from the CLI connecting to external SCP or (T)FTP servers.

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
Contributor II

Hi, Thanks for the verification. I suspected it was not exposed, but I thought I would ask just in case. I mainly would have used it to pull flashbackups, tar files and such as needed from customer controllers for TAC and troublehshooting. I will stick with the standard methods.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: