Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Using openssl for windows as CA to generate certificate for dot1x terminiation in controller

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Using openssl for windows as CA to generate certificate for dot1x terminiation in controller

Posted Jul 08, 2016 03:06 PM

Hi, 

I will generate the CSR from the controller. I have installed openssl for windows(gnuwin32). I want to use that as a Certificate authority and generate a certificate for dot1x termination on the controller. How to do it??

• 2.  RE: Using openssl for windows as CA to generate certificate for dot1x terminiation in controller

• 3.  RE: Using openssl for windows as CA to generate certificate for dot1x terminiation in controller

Posted Jul 08, 2016 09:58 PM

@Vinod, I checked that article. it appears the article is based on openssl on linux. 

Please help me on getting a server certificate from openssl installed on windows8. I downloaded and installed gnuwin32 in my PC. 

• 4.  RE: Using openssl for windows as CA to generate certificate for dot1x terminiation in controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2016 07:16 AM

If you do a search for "open ssl windows" there are quite a few articles that say how to do this on Windows:

https://blog.didierstevens.com/2015/03/30/howto-make-your-own-cert-with-openssl-on-windows/