Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Using second ethernet port as an access port

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Using second ethernet port as an access port

Posted Nov 07, 2014 01:43 AM

Hi guys,

I searched it in the user guide and here but couldn't find somthing that addresses the solution. Is there a document that describes how to use the second ethernet port on Ap-225 as an access port for the clients.

I enabled the wired ap profile for the ethernet port under Ap profiles.

I set the mode for bridging and set the port for access and set the appopriate vlan. Also I want to mention that this access point is being used as a rap. But still when we connect a client to this port(Enet 0) all communication goes down. I would appreciate if you can redirect me to a document or address me to the point I missed. 

Note: Controller is 3200 and Firmware is 6.4.2.0.

• 2.  RE: Using second ethernet port as an access port
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2014 06:24 AM

First things first:

Your AP should be connected to infrastructure on enet0.  Your wired client should be connected to enet1

An AP225 requires higher power than 802.3af to bring up the second port.  If you do not get a light when you plug the client into the second port on the AP225, you might not be giving it adequate power.  Try a high powered injector or power brick.

If you just want to bridge the traffic to the same VLAN as enet0, make the VLAN in your wired port profile 1 (to match the native vlan parameter in the AP system profile).  If you make it anything besides 1, it will assume that enet0 is plugged into a trunk and will tag your wired traffic on port 1 with whatever VLAN you enter into the wired port profile.

I hope this helps.

#AP225

• 3.  RE: Using second ethernet port as an access port

Posted Nov 07, 2014 04:51 PM

My mistake was not to set my native vlan(Vlan 20 in my case) in the ap system profile. So when I changed the vlan for the port on Ethernet interface profile it was tagging it. Thanks for your help.

• 4.  RE: Using second ethernet port as an access port

Posted Aug 30, 2017 12:51 PM

I'm using an Aruba 7210 Mobility Controller.  I'm trying to configure the wired ports on an Aruba AP 93H. I plug ENET 0 to my switch and get an IP via DHCP. This works as it should. The problem is that when I connect another device, say a laptop, I can't get an IP from the VLAN that is connected to ENET 0.  I have created a Wired AP profile and a AP wired port profile. I can't figure out what I'm missing.   

• 5.  RE: Using second ethernet port as an access port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 30, 2017 08:03 PM

In the wired AP profile:

- Forwarding mode to be bridge

- The VLAN to be 1 

- It should be trusted

• 6.  RE: Using second ethernet port as an access port

Posted Aug 31, 2017 11:05 AM

As soon as I changed the setting I rebooted the AP and started getting data flow.  I've attached a couple of snips if you could see if I need to change anything. Thank you!

• 7.  RE: Using second ethernet port as an access port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2017 02:54 PM

That looks fine.  Any changes you make there should take a few seconds and not require a reboot.