Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Using the web UI for packet capture from a client?

I have an issue with a client who is trying to reach an internal resource on a specific device.  It is in a remote branch office and I am unable to stop by to look over the problem in person.  Earlier this morning I read that Aruba controllers have the ability to perform a packet capture from the web UI.

I found the client ip address in the Monitoring -> Clients section of the web UI, and clicked Packet Capture.

aruba-packet-capture.PNG

On the next screen I see several options to either Refresh, Stop, Delete, Pause, Resume, New, New Raw Packet Capture, or Launch WildPakets.  At this step I do not know how to proceed.  I have clicked the New button and nothing happens.  My guess is that a new capture should start and be listed in the table where I see "None Found".

aruba-packet-capture2.PNG

How do I start a packet capture?

Thank you for any advice!

Wireless newb
Guru Elite

Re: Using the web UI for packet capture from a client?

It is more straightforward on the commandline.  Please see the article here;  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Matters-Blog/ArubaOS-6-3-New-Packet-Capture-Functionality-in-ArubaOS-6-3/ba-p/113967

The GUI for the packet capture function has certainly not kept up with the function itself....

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: