Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VC is not reachable

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  VC is not reachable

Posted Jan 08, 2018 11:40 AM

Good evening Team,

I have installed 7 IAPS and managed by a Virtual controller , its managed by Airwave . Now, I am unable to reach one of  the acess point  and VC in the site . But I am able to ping rest of 6 IAPs IPs with out any issue .
    while checking in airwave all the access points and Virtual controller is showing down . Unfortunatly no SSH has configured in the site .

Can anyone help me how to fix this issue . Quck help much appriciated

• 2.  RE: VC is not reachable

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 08, 2018 11:45 AM

When you say "SSH is not configured on the site", do you mean SSH is blocked with a firewall?

• 3.  RE: VC is not reachable

Posted Jan 08, 2018 01:42 PM
    Nope its not

• 4.  RE: VC is not reachable

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 08, 2018 11:46 AM

Are you able to https to the Virtual Controllers IP address? Can you confirm if there has been any configuration pushed down from AirWave which may have removed the Virtual Controller configuration? Can you see all of the IAP's in the same cluster when you access the GUI?

There is quite a few troubleshooting commands which can be run via the GUI if you do not have SSH access. If you access More -> Support it will tell you which IAP is currently the elected Master and has the VC IP. Are you able to access that IAP via the GUI?

I'd start by running a tech-support on the Master IAP, look at the output of show summary and also any information in the logs.

Have you confirmed there is no duplicate ARP entries or similar on the switches for the Virtual Controllers IP address as well?

• 5.  RE: VC is not reachable

Posted Jan 08, 2018 01:45 PM

1. I am unable to access VC through https 
    2.I will check for duplicate ARP entries in the switch and will update you(Previously i can , now i couldn't).

• 6.  RE: VC is not reachable

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 09, 2018 04:49 AM

Ideally what you need to do is get console access to an IAP, as at the moment we're just taking educated guesses as to what the issue possibly is :)

• 7.  RE: VC is not reachable

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2018 05:23 PM

Check all the switchport configurations the IAPs are plugged into. Make sure they are in the appropriate vlans and such. 

Have we done that?