Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA Client DNS Suffix List

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  VIA Client DNS Suffix List

Posted Apr 18, 2014 09:23 AM

The setting 'VIA Client DNS Suffix List' in the Controller on mouse-over says that the entry can be comma-seperated.

However, I am unable to get this working, unless I only specify one DNS Suffix.

As soon as I specify 2 suffixes, comma seperated, and re-download the via-profile on the client-pc and reconnect, it gets the 2 comma-seperated suffixes as 1 suffix, with a comma between them. Treated by the OS as 1 suffix. Not working of course.

How am I suposed to enter 2 suffixes and get them to actually work in Windows 8.1?

Aruba 650 6.2.1.3

Aruba VIA 2.1.4.61631 64bit

Windows 8.1 update 1

• 2.  RE: VIA Client DNS Suffix List

Posted Apr 18, 2014 11:53 AM

Is this the issue only with Win 8 and what code version we are running into?

Please open up a TAC case where some one could help you to Validate if this is a code issue.

Thank you.

• 3.  RE: VIA Client DNS Suffix List

Posted Apr 18, 2014 12:41 PM

I only tried with Win8 so far.

What code version we are running into? I dont understand the question.

TAC case? I'll go ahead and find out how to make one.

• 4.  RE: VIA Client DNS Suffix List

Posted Apr 18, 2014 01:03 PM

I was referring to what controller AOS version we are running into ? This can be verifed by show image version command on the controller. Thank you.

• 5.  RE: VIA Client DNS Suffix List

Posted Apr 22, 2014 02:00 AM
    6.2.1.3 is not specific enough? :)