Wireless Access

MVP

VIA Questions

Hello

I configured the VIA

And its connecting but i just got access to the internal ip address of the controller nothing else more... and well internet because i got split tunneling but i got no access to the internal network....

On the connection profile i introduced the tunneled networks which are my internal networks right?

Also on the profile that im getting which is a derived profile called ingenieria i got in it a firewall rule that got all to all rule

On that rule i also put L2TP pool i got the pool configured

And also on the via profile i got the profile configured

What else im missing?

Ah yeah does this has support for windows 8? on my windows 8 desktop didnt work.... but it works on my windows 7 machine....

On my windows 8 i get an error... and it wont let me connect...about a ikesmp

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

Re: VIA Questions

So, if the VPN pool that you are using to assign your clients ip addresses is fully routable in your network, you're good.  If it is NOT fully routable, you need to add a src-nat rule at the end of firewall policies of the via user:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/VIA-and-CSS/Issue-with-VIA-in-route-mode-NAT-works-fine-Any-suggestions/m-p/37944/highlight/true#M125

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Nice Collin! thank you its working now...

I got a few more questions

1-The other issue im having is that  when im accesing the via webpage for the download of the VIA for a new machine its not autodetecting correctly my OS of 64bit... it always says that is a 32bit when is not... so it downloads the incorrect file...

I had to manuallly download it... is there a way to fix this? or is something im doing wrong?

2-If i got 2 intenet connection in my company and i got 2 profiles for each one... one for the ISP 1 plugged to the firewall and the other for the second ISP plugged to the firewall... is there a way that the VIA if he cannot connect to one he will automatically try using the second profile to connect? is that possible?

As far i see the VIA is a really good in the way for hte user... really GOOD user experience... you actuallly dont get notice you are connected.. it does not even show in the icon tray or anywhere.... its like going to the office and connecting to the wired or wireless conection.... this is a good plus, because i had some clients asking me that they wanted a ssl or vpn client that magically connect and didnt appear anywhere so it didnt confuse the user and via is about that... with the ssl client of the firewall brand we sell you dont have that option.

Also the derived roles does a good job with the integration of the firewall policies of the WLAN and remote access.

Anyways looks good on windows... now need to test it on IPAds, tablets, and androids....

Alternetworks Corp
Aruba Employee

mt

1. Currently OS detection is not properly implemented. It actually detects the browser version. I guess you are using a 32 bit browser on  64 bit machine.

In the latest VIA we have solved the issue by providing link to all installers.

2. You can use two different VIA controller entries in the same connection profile, if both IPs are on same controller.

If both IPs are on different controller you have to have both connection profiles exactly same and add both controller entries in connection profile on both controllers

Let me know if you have any issues.

Aruba Employee

1. Currently OS detection is not properly implemented. It actually detects the browser version. I guess you are using a 32 bit browser on  64 bit machine.

In the latest VIA we have solved the issue by providing link to all installers.

2. You can use two different VIA controller entries in the same connection profile, if both IPs are on same controller.

If both IPs are on different controller you have to have both connection profiles exactly same and add both controller entries in connection profile on both controllers

Let me know if you have any issues.

Guru Elite

NightShade1 wrote:

Nice Collin! thank you its working now...

I got a few more questions

1-The other issue im having is that  when im accesing the via webpage for the download of the VIA for a new machine its not autodetecting correctly my OS of 64bit... it always says that is a 32bit when is not... so it downloads the incorrect file...

I had to manuallly download it... is there a way to fix this? or is something im doing wrong?

2-If i got 2 intenet connection in my company and i got 2 profiles for each one... one for the ISP 1 plugged to the firewall and the other for the second ISP plugged to the firewall... is there a way that the VIA if he cannot connect to one he will automatically try using the second profile to connect? is that possible?

As far i see the VIA is a really good in the way for hte user... really GOOD user experience... you actuallly dont get notice you are connected.. it does not even show in the icon tray or anywhere.... its like going to the office and connecting to the wired or wireless conection.... this is a good plus, because i had some clients asking me that they wanted a ssl or vpn client that magically connect and didnt appear anywhere so it didnt confuse the user and via is about that... with the ssl client of the firewall brand we sell you dont have that option.

Also the derived roles does a good job with the integration of the firewall policies of the WLAN and remote access.

Anyways looks good on windows... now need to test it on IPAds, tablets, and androids....

Try the HTML in the thread here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/VIA-and-CSS/repost-of-the-useful-code-snippet-for-client-autodetection/m-p/21704/highlight/false#M27

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Hello vpatil.

I downloaded the lastest firmaware avaialable  of the via

I changed the name  of the 64bit to the actual name just at the end i put 64bit i don tnkow if thats the issue?

The other thing

I enable the SSL fallback and it says its on beta???

Will this fallback works on IOS, androids???

Another question

What androids are compatible with this? it seems my phone is not compatible i got  a samsung galaxy ACE android verion 4.04

Alternetworks Corp
Aruba Employee

I downloaded the lastest firmaware avaialable  of the via

I changed the name  of the 64bit to the actual name just at the end i put 64bit i don tnkow if thats the issue?

I didnt get this question.

The other thing

I enable the SSL fallback and it says its on beta???

What is the AOS version? In some AOS version it says it is a beta version. We had bug for this.

Will this fallback works on IOS, androids???

SSL fallback works on Androd and iOS devices.

Another question

What androids are compatible with this? it seems my phone is not compatible i got  a samsung galaxy ACE android verion 4.04

Aruba VIA is supported on Android running Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.2) onwards.

MVP

1-I got the lastest one

6.1.3.5 AOS Version and its says its a BETA when i enabling it

2-Aruba VIA is supported on Android running Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.2) onwards.

Answer: my cellphone is android 4.04 and it doesnt work :( it says its not compatible! it shoudl work i guess

3-When i connectig to the arubaipaddress/via i authenticate then it tell me that my Operating system is a 32bit when its a 64bit...

I already uploaded the lastest via 2.1.0 2.34806

Alternetworks Corp
Aruba Employee

1-I got the lastest one

6.1.3.5 AOS Version and its says its a BETA when i enabling it.

I guess its a bug in that particualar AOS version. 

2-Aruba VIA is supported on Android running Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.2) onwards.

Answer: my cellphone is android 4.04 and it doesnt work :smileysad: it says its not compatible! it shoudl work i guess.

Oops missed to mention earlier, does your phone android kernel version is Kernel version: 3.0.8? If so it should work else report to Aruba support.

3-When i connectig to the arubaipaddress/via i authenticate then it tell me that my Operating system is a 32bit when its a 64bit...

I already uploaded the lastest via 2.1.0 2.34806

It is wrongly implemented or its a bug , it detects the browser version, make sure u use 64 bit browser as well.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: