Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA VPN client question...

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  VIA VPN client question...

Posted Jan 31, 2017 07:52 PM
    Is it possible for the latest version of the VIA client to contain more than one connection profile? For multiple different sites?

Thanks for any input!

• 2.  RE: VIA VPN client question...

Posted Feb 01, 2017 03:58 AM

You can only have 1 active connection profile in VIA, however you can have multiple servers within a connection profile.

conn.jpg

• 3.  RE: VIA VPN client question...

Posted Feb 03, 2017 09:02 AM

So you cannot add multiple destinations to the client its self? I would like to be able to access site A in North Carolina, then later, using the same client, access site B in South Carolina and maybe tomorrow connect to site C in Virginia. Make sense? So it would need to have a profile for each location and when I fired up the app it should give me a choice of which profile I would like to use.

Can VIA do that?

• 4.  RE: VIA VPN client question...

Posted Feb 03, 2017 09:15 AM

You can define several connection profiles but the user will need to switch to another profile manually.

Keep in mind that if the other profiles are pointing to standalone controller you have to make sure that all the settings match (connection profile, auth profile ,user-role ,etc..)

• 5.  RE: VIA VPN client question...

Posted Feb 03, 2017 09:19 AM

Here's screenshots of what thsi looks like:

2017-02-03 14_15_29-L3 Authentication.jpg

2017-02-03 14_15_38-L3 Authentication.jpg

2017-02-03 14_15_59-Virtual Access Network.jpg

• 6.  RE: VIA VPN client question...

Posted Feb 03, 2017 09:20 AM

Okay, so you cannot add additional locations to the client its self, you have to add them from a controller connection. Correct?

• 7.  RE: VIA VPN client question...
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 03, 2017 09:23 AM
    All configuration is done on the controller. All the client can do is choose between different servers if multiple have been configured in the connection profile as described.