Wireless Access

MVP

VIA connection profile - manual export and installation

Hello all,

For a large number of security reasons, a customer of ours needs to install connection profiles onto laptops alongside the basic VIA software in an offline fashion (I.e. not by using the controller GUI).

Is there a know way to export these, and then import them manually onto a laptop?

Kudos appreciated, but I'm not hunting! (ACMX 104)
Guru Elite

Re: VIA connection profile - manual export and installation

Please use Appendix A of the Appnote here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Virtual-Intranet-Access-VIA/ta-p/155614

"The installer used to install VIA on a Windows computer is a MSI package. With the MSI package, you can use the command-line tool called msiexec. The msiexec tool allows you to customize the installation process by using certain vendor-specified installer options. These are the common installer options available for the Windows VIA clients (all versions):  GATEWAY=””  This option can be used to preset the controller IP address so that the user gets a prompt only for username and password while downloading the configuration.  AUTHPROFILE=””  This option can be used to preset the VIA authentication profile used by the VIA client for tunnel establishment, which avoids the authentication profile choice dialog box."

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Re: VIA connection profile - manual export and installation

Apparently this isn't possible (having spoken to Jon Green etc.) at this time, but it's a frequently requested feature.

I've added my customer name to the "want it" list.

Cheers all.

Kudos appreciated, but I'm not hunting! (ACMX 104)
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: