Wireless Access

MVP

VIA, why bother with 64bit?

For users using non 64 bit browers on 64 bit computers the autodetection from VIA often offers the 32 bit VIA client.

Is there a real downside to using this 32 bit client for both 32 and 64 bit machines?

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
New Contributor

Re: VIA, why bother with 64bit?

The question should be: why not listing the available VIA clients on the controller? Or at least let the admin enable listing.

MVP

You can actualy list them all if you want.. takes a bit of scripting (see "Re-branding VIA and Downloading the Installer" in the manual) but then you get confused clients which may give you even more headaches :)

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

koenv wrote:

You can actualy list them all if you want.. takes a bit of scripting (see "Re-branding VIA and Downloading the Installer" in the manual) but then you get confused clients which may give you even more headaches :)

Thanks! :) Gonna try that...

--edit--

Just checked that part of the manual and it's the one I had already read. I can't get a listing of all available clients that I've made available.

MVP

Haven't actually tried this since I don't want users calling me with questions on which version to install but when you browse to Configuration > Advanced Services > VPN Services > VIA tab there's a section "Customize Welcome HTML". 

You should be able to upload really any HTML file you want and that gets served to the clients connection to HTTPS://controller/via no? If you put a few simple a href links to your files you can display them that way.. I think.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: