Wireless Access

New Contributor

VIA with an Iphone

I currently have VIA working with my windows machine but have some issues with split tunnleing on my Iphone/Ipad. Seems to be a DNS issue

What is the recommended controller code for VIA on a 6000 series controller

We are running 5.0.3.3

Guru Elite

Re: VIA with an Iphone

VIA does not allow you to do split using firewall policies; only by doing configuring  subnet(s) that you want tunneled.  You can decide what traffic you want tunneled as opposed to local by using the via connection profile:

split.jpg

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

VIA for iOS and VIA for MacOS is supported only in ArubaOS 6.1 and above.

Regards,

Sathya

New Contributor

Thanks for the info. I will upgrade the controller.

New Contributor

The actual issue is with the Iphone not resolving dns properly.

I have the corporate networks set up and everything is working except internal .com sites

I am upgrading the controller from 5.0 to 6.0 code as recommended to see if this fixes the issue

thanks 

Aruba Employee

I have seen a similar issue with VIA for iOS when there are two domains in the DNS suffixs parameter of the VIA connection profile. See whether having a single domain in this parameter solves the issue.

via dns suffix.png

Regards,

Sathya

New Contributor

I have our corporate dns list in the profile. I upgraded the controller to 6.1.2.6.

We still cannot resolve dns with the Iphone app. It still uses the dns of the provider (3G and or home ISP. It works with my windows machine so it appears the issue is with the APP or the device not the controller

one note it is only internal corporate sites that use .com suffix's that are only internal in the domain.

Thanks for all  of the help.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: