Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Re: VLAN Pool vs VLAN Pooling

olino wrote:

No, the controller doesn't know the size of the DHCP scopes, so it cannot know when they are full.

Yeah - that's what I figured.

I'm working on a new named pool, and the pool status is stuck on disabled. This is my second named pool, so I've been through this type of config before - but I'm stumped as to why it's not behaving. The pool was named on the master and I added a vlan to it on a local controller...

I submit this as a new thread if you think that would be more appropriate.

Thanks

Guru Elite

Delete the Vlan name and create it again as a pool like this:

config t

no vlan-name TEST

vlan-name TEST pool

vlan TEST <vlan numbers>

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

cjoseph wrote:

Delete the Vlan name and create it again as a pool like this:

config t

no vlan-name TEST

vlan-name TEST pool

vlan TEST <vlan numbers>

Thanks.. That seemed to do it. Could my issue be the resut of a bug in the WebUI?

Guru Elite

It is more about the workflow, than anything else.  I would agree that it is not necessarily intuitive.

If you only want to have a single VLAN you can just do vlan <vlan name> <vlan number>.  If you have multiple VLANs attached to a VLAN name, you must designate it as a pool up front on the local controller, which is pretty much where it is interpreted.  There are things that you can only do with a single VLAN name, such as a server derivation rule, that you cannot do with a pool, and this helps the controller to limit commands to only things that it supports.

In the user guide, please search for the section "Creating, Updating and Deleting VLAN Pools" which will give you the accurate workflow for both the GUI, as well as the commandline.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Thanks again. This thing had me pulling my hair out - over what seemed like a simple task.

Frequent Contributor I

I created multiple vlans into our controller together with the subinterface static ips appropriate with these vlans. I added these vlans using their vlan IDs into the vlan pool. I went and setup our SSID profile to use the vlan pool name that I created. However, this is not working. It will only work if I go back to only 1 vlan instead of using a vlan pool. Any ideas? I don't think I am getting an IP address as well.

Highlighted
Contributor II

ALL,

This might be the same question in a different form.  With VLAN pooling can I take the existing remote VLANs and addto controller and still do bridging?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: