Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VOIP Phones over BRIDGE SSID

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VOIP Phones over BRIDGE SSID

Posted Aug 18, 2015 08:17 AM

Hi all,

I have a controller on main site and some AP 205 in  branch office configured as RAP.

I create a SSID for some Askom Wireless Phones (selled with Alcatel logo Mobile IP 8118) in bridge mode that point to a specific VLAN (4094) with role autenticated.

Phones start, they keep an ip address from DHCP and i see them on Alcatel OXO but the phones remain in connecting mode due they not able to connect to tftp server. I'm able to ping the Phone and if i try with a sip client (PhoneLITE) from my pc in the same SSID all works well

I also try with a simple accesspoint in the same vlan and phones start and keep all settings

I set the SSID in tunnel mode, so the traffic goes to Main site and then it return via our vpn site 2 site tunnel to the branch. With this configuration phones starts well and currently, due i need to finish the work and release phone system, i'm using it.

But it's not the solution so i'm asking if someone can give me some ideas to resolve the issue

Thanks

Riccardo

#AP205

• 2.  RE: VOIP Phones over BRIDGE SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2015 08:19 AM
    Are all of the ports that are required available from the local subnet at the branch?

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: VOIP Phones over BRIDGE SSID

Posted Aug 18, 2015 08:39 AM

yes there is no firewall due the bridge to vlan 4094 point to the same vlan of Alcatel OXO SwitchBoard so all ports and services are open