Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

VPN Controller Redundancy Solution Needed

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a PoC lab.  I have a 7010 controller with a VPN connection over an ISP to a 7220 RAP controller.  This is not a branch config.  Just a standard VPN configuration both controllers are masters.  AOS 6.5.0.2

Behind the RAP controller is my corporate network.  I have static routes on the Cisco LAN switches for the VPN controller pointing to the RAP controller.  The RAP controller has static routes as well pointing to the VPN tunnel.

I have multiple RAP controllers and I could purchase a secondary ISP connection if needed.  I also know I can build multiple VPN connections to different RAP controllers.  I am looking for some redundancy and most efficient routing of traffic.  

Is there a way for me to setup dynamic routing and failover so I can have at least two VPN tunnels to the remote VPN site?  As it stands right now I would have to have the static routes on the Cisco LAN manully moved.  Any advice please?

Guru Elite

Re: VPN Controller Redundancy Solution Needed

In general if you want dynamic routing, you should configure OSPF between those controllers and your infrastructure.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Re: VPN Controller Redundancy Solution Needed

Thanks I was expecting OSPF to be the responce I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything else I hadn't been made aware of yet.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: