Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

VRRP w/ Brocade

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VRRP w/ Brocade

Posted Jan 06, 2012 03:17 PM

Has anyone had any issues involving implementation with a Brocade core? APs are having issues with sapd unable to connect to switch but are present on the controller. I am unable to provision them as they keep rebooting. Moving the DHCP options to point to the core vlan on the MP, I have no issues with provisioning.VRRP settings are correct.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: VRRP w/ Brocade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2012 03:28 PM

What is doing the VRRP?

• 3.  RE: VRRP w/ Brocade

Posted Jan 06, 2012 03:31 PM

Aruba controllers. Only thing on the core is DFGW .1 address

Description MP-MB
        Admin State UP, VR State MASTER
        IP Address 172.30.16.14, MAC Address 00:00:5e:00:01:01, vlan 16
        Priority 100, Advertisement 1 sec, Preemption Enabled
        Auth type NONE
        tracking is not enabled

• 4.  RE: VRRP w/ Brocade

Posted Jan 06, 2012 03:31 PM

ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba6000-US), Version 3.4.4.0-FIPS

• 5.  RE: VRRP w/ Brocade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2012 03:32 PM

Ok, must be a different issue then. Same result though. And we are using Brocade RX-8 cores.

• 6.  RE: VRRP w/ Brocade

Posted Jan 06, 2012 03:42 PM

Well let me know what you dig up then and I will do the same. Searching the cloud as we speak and have found nothing. More than likely the same issue possibe..

• 7.  RE: VRRP w/ Brocade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2012 03:46 PM

If you put the secondary VRRP in INIT, do you still see the same issue? I haven't ever heard of any VRRP issues unless there is a duplicate IP being used by the VRRP IP, or the VRRP ID is used somewhere. If you connect a laptop to another port can you get to the master's GUI or SSH via the same VRRP IP?

• 8.  RE: VRRP w/ Brocade

Posted Jan 06, 2012 04:15 PM

I am able to GUI & SSH to the controller using the VRRP address. I have tired this both with pulling an IP on the core vlan and another.

• 9.  RE: VRRP w/ Brocade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2012 03:33 PM

So no VRRP on the Brocade, right?  If there is a VRRP on the Broacade, make sure that VRRP number does not match what is on the controller.  If it does, use authentication on the VRRP instances on the controller so that they do not conflict with that on the Brocade.  Turn it on, just in case another device is running the same VRRP instance to eliminate that unknown possibility, if you like.

On each controller can do do a "show VRRP statistics" to see if there is any inconsistency?

• 10.  RE: VRRP w/ Brocade

Posted Jan 06, 2012 03:46 PM

That is correct. No VRRP is running on the Brocade.

(MB) #show vrrp 1 statistics

Virtual Router 1:

Admin State UP, VR State MASTER

Advertisements:
       Sent:                             7774   Received:                       456
       Zero priority sent:                  1   Zero priority received:           0
       Lower IP address received          456   Lower Priority received           0
       Tracking priority overflow:          0
       Advertisements received errors:
          Interval mismatch                 0   Invalid TTL                       0
          Invalid packet type               0   Authentication failure            0
          Invalid auth type                 0   Mismatch auth type                0
          Invalid VRRP IP address           0   Invalid packet length             0
       VRRP Up timestamp:                       Fri Jan  6 11:45:30 2012
       Master Up timestamp:                     Fri Jan  6 11:46:16 2012
       Last advertisement sent timestamp:       Fri Jan  6 14:42:00 2012
       Last advertisement received timestamp:   Fri Jan  6 11:46:17 2012
       Current time:                            Fri Jan  6 14:42:15 2012
       Number times became VRRP Master:         3

I halted the MP in trying to isolate any possible issues.

• 11.  RE: VRRP w/ Brocade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2012 03:48 PM

Looks like something is getting in the way of the VRRP between master and master-backup. See if putting the master-backup into INIT makes the MP VRRP IP stable?

• 12.  RE: VRRP w/ Brocade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2012 03:30 PM

Let me guess..... 6.1.x.x?

I'm on the phone with TAC as we speak with a similar issue.

• 13.  RE: VRRP w/ Brocade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2012 04:01 PM

One question. Does your default AP group's AP system profile have a LMS IP assigned?

• 14.  RE: VRRP w/ Brocade

Posted Jan 06, 2012 04:16 PM

Neg on the LMS IP