Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Version 6.4.2.10 & 6.4.2.12 WebUI Unresponsive

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Version 6.4.2.10 & 6.4.2.12 WebUI Unresponsive

Posted Nov 19, 2015 07:23 PM

I have two controllers (3600 cluster + 7005 standalone) and I've seen the webUI become completely unresponsive on both of them each once since I my most recent upgrades (to versions 6.4.2.10 & 6.4.2.12).  They have slightly different versions since I upgraded them at different times.

Both times, restarting the web service in the CLI corrected the issue.  I posted about this before and was told to put in a ticket, but I never got around to it since I never saw the issue again until now (on a different controller).

Anyone else seen this happen?  Is it a known issue?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Version 6.4.2.10 & 6.4.2.12 WebUI Unresponsive

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2015 07:31 PM

mmartin,

Not really.  A whole host of things could be going on, that support should be able to examine.  It would take too long to go down the long list of things that could be going on, that is why it is more efficient to contact support.

• 3.  RE: Version 6.4.2.10 & 6.4.2.12 WebUI Unresponsive

Posted Nov 19, 2015 07:36 PM

Alright - I will this time.  I just have poor experience with Aruba Support and you seem to be able to resolve every issue efficiently on this message board, so I try to avoid them when I can =)

• 4.  RE: Version 6.4.2.10 & 6.4.2.12 WebUI Unresponsive

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2015 07:41 PM

Support has the advantage of being able to take specific information from you, while on this forum, we are just guessing without specific information.  We also focus on the top 10 ways users break their networks or go wrong vs. support which is more forgiving.

Someone can still come along and give you the information you need about your issue above.

• 5.  RE: Version 6.4.2.10 & 6.4.2.12 WebUI Unresponsive

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2015 07:44 PM

By the way the #1 reason why the webui would freeze is that your browser does not have enough horsepower to render the javascript-heavy page.  Restarting the webserver is a blunt force way of "solving" the problem, but it is not guaranteed that the web server will restart, once it is shut.  You coul be playing with fire.

• 6.  RE: Version 6.4.2.10 & 6.4.2.12 WebUI Unresponsive

Posted Nov 19, 2015 07:56 PM

It's not an issue of freezing while in use.  On an initial load, it will not respond.  The page stays white/blank and the wheels turn.  The browser eventually says it timed out.  This is across all machines, admins, browsers, etc. when it happens.  For example, today, an admin reported the issue to me and I checked from my machine and saw the issue.  I switched from my linux box to my windows machine (from a different network) - same issue.

Sorry for the confusion - the process hangs completely, not the browser.

• 7.  RE: Version 6.4.2.10 & 6.4.2.12 WebUI Unresponsive

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2015 07:58 PM
    ...is a great reason to open a support case...

• 8.  RE: Version 6.4.2.10 & 6.4.2.12 WebUI Unresponsive

Posted Nov 30, 2015 01:38 PM

Just to update for anyone with the same issue who might find this thread:

Support said to run 'process restart httpd core' instead of 'process restart httpd' next time to avoid the generation of a crash file on the controller.

They also said to collect the output of 'show process monitor statistics' and tech support logs while the issue is occuring next time and wanted to put the ticket on hold while I wait for the issue to occur again.  I had them close it since it's only happened once each on two different controllers over the course of 4-6 months.