Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Version 6.4.x.x are ED or GA

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Version 6.4.x.x are ED or GA

Posted Sep 28, 2015 05:12 PM

Hi,

Recently we were advised to update our controllers to version 6.4.x.x can someone clarify if this branch or versions are still ED or have become GA, in particular 6.4.3.4 and 6.4.4.0?

Thanks in advance and congratulations to this fantastic community.

• 2.  RE: Version 6.4.x.x are ED or GA
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2015 05:13 PM

6.4.2 is GA

6.4.3+ are ED

ga-code.png

• 3.  RE: Version 6.4.x.x are ED or GA

Posted Sep 28, 2015 05:29 PM

Thanks for your quick answer.

Unfortunately we were told by the support that 6.4.3.x was already in GA and we should update to this version instead of 6.4.2.12 .

Let's wait everything goes in the right way.

BR,

Tomaz.

• 4.  RE: Version 6.4.x.x are ED or GA

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2015 05:32 PM

I would ask them again.  If you have a login to download on the support site, only 6.4.2.x is in the GA folder.

• 5.  RE: Version 6.4.x.x are ED or GA

Posted Sep 28, 2015 05:54 PM

Unfortunately I don't have a login, because I was cheated, and the brand of my products is ALu and not Aruba and they don't give me a login for direct download, it must been through the partner.

Anyway the official answer was:

"Alcatel version of 6.4.2.12 code is not yet released and it is still under testing. And all the codes which are available on the Alcatel BP website are tested and will be able to install on the production network.

The latest version on the same series was 6.4.2.10. The latest tested version for your controller is 6.4.3.3 and that I have already provided you."

Which apparently is not true...

:(

BR,

Tomaz.

• 6.  RE: Version 6.4.x.x are ED or GA

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2015 06:02 PM
    ALU has its own release schedule, so honestly things do not always match what Aruba is doing exactly. The question is what exactly do you want to accomplish?

• 7.  RE: Version 6.4.x.x are ED or GA
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2015 05:13 PM

They are not GA, no.