Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Viewing active vlans on a port-channel?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Viewing active vlans on a port-channel?

Posted Feb 13, 2016 01:46 AM

With my gigabit interfaces configured as trunks, I can see active vlans with "show interface gigabit xxx switchport".  However, the "switchport" option is not available for LACP configured port-channels with "show interface port-channel xxx".  What is available to quickly check what vlans are active on the port-channel?

• 2.  RE: Viewing active vlans on a port-channel?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 13, 2016 02:43 AM
    Hi,

# show vlan
    # show trunk

Thanks,
    Rajaguru Vincent

• 3.  RE: Viewing active vlans on a port-channel?

Posted Feb 13, 2016 03:04 AM

Thanks Raj, I guest that works. But not quite the same as looking at the list with the interface command, especially when you have 50+ vlans.  Just baffles me why it's the only command modifier not included.

• 4.  RE: Viewing active vlans on a port-channel?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 13, 2016 06:32 AM

dwright,

It is probably not used that often.  If you feel strongly about it, please request that feature at the ideas portal here:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/cp/ideas/ideaList.apexp

• 5.  RE: Viewing active vlans on a port-channel?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 13, 2016 10:13 AM

dwright@structured.com wrote:

Thanks Raj, I guest that works. But not quite the same as looking at the list with the interface command, especially when you have 50+ vlans.  Just baffles me why it's the only command modifier not included.

If the number of entries on your output is your concern, try running Raj's commands with an include statement:

show vlan | include <PortChannelID>

show trunk | include <PortChannelID>