Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Virtual Access Client for Linux/Ubuntu

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Virtual Access Client for Linux/Ubuntu

Posted Feb 06, 2013 03:29 PM

Is this just an oversight, but I'm looking for a Linux client so I can VPN from Ubuntu?

I need to VPN to access a remote bug report tool. I'm just suprised to see Android/iOS support before a Linux client.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/management-security-software-2/virtual-intranet-access-client/

Thanks,

~Tim

• 2.  RE: Virtual Access Client for Linux/Ubuntu

Posted Feb 06, 2013 04:34 PM

Well as you well said there is not support for linux client yet...

Just for windows, mac, IOS and androids and thats it for now.

You can post this as an idea on the idea tab!! that you would like it, so Aruba can have it in consideration and maybe put it!

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: Virtual Access Client for Linux/Ubuntu

Posted Feb 07, 2013 06:01 PM

I'm also trying to run the windows client in a virtual machine on Windows-7 running VMWare workstation. Is there specific settings I need to use for it to connect?

• 4.  RE: Virtual Access Client for Linux/Ubuntu

Posted Feb 07, 2013 06:05 PM

I installed the latest updates and it works! On windows on vmware running a windows vm.

• 5.  RE: Virtual Access Client for Linux/Ubuntu

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 07, 2013 06:54 PM

It's a simple customer demand problem - there were a lot more people asking for Android, so that's what we did first. If you're interested in being a beta tester for Linux VIA, I'm happy to share with you.  Get ahold of your Aruba SE for that - I think there's a beta agreement that has to be.. well.. agreed to.

• 6.  RE: Virtual Access Client for Linux/Ubuntu

Posted Feb 07, 2013 06:57 PM

I could run a VM on linux for windows so I'll do that until you release something for ubuntu.

• 7.  RE: Virtual Access Client for Linux/Ubuntu

Posted Jun 24, 2013 02:22 PM

I am desperate to get ahold of this beta client.  I am trying hard to get my SE's to get everything needed, I work with CDW.  Anything you can do to help me?  Thanks

Arthur

• 8.  RE: Virtual Access Client for Linux/Ubuntu

Posted May 02, 2013 06:04 AM

In linux you could use built-in capabilities for IPSec tunnels in the controller and you won't need VIA client.

• 9.  RE: Virtual Access Client for Linux/Ubuntu

Posted Jul 02, 2013 11:02 AM

Could you please describe steps how to configure linux server?

Thank you in advance.