Wireless Access

New Contributor

Visual RF 8.0 design question

Hello,

I have a pdf to import into Visual RF and I know the bldg is 80,000 sq ft. I do not have a cad drawing to take an accurate measurement between two points to input into Visual RF for the measurement step. 

Any workarounds to figure out this measurement step with only the pdf drawing and the knowledge of the 80,000 sq foot overal measurement?

Thank you,

Re: Visual RF 8.0 design question

If I'm not provided measurements by a customer I go for the google maps approach. I find it more accurate than measuring a door as any mistakes in this method are magnified.

Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Contributor II

What's the Google map approach? I will usually measure a doorway or they usually have a scale at the bottom

If there's a scale, use the scale 100% of the time.

The Google maps approach is to find the building you're working with on Google maps and measure it on there! I would generally recommend measuring the longest wall or distance that you can find.

Using a door shouldn't really be used IMO as the potential for inaccuracy is huge.
Cheers
James

-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: