Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

VisualRF 8.0.4 not working. 4 seperate visualrf processes shown running on gui

Recently upgraded to 8.0.4 and noticed the same persistent issues with visual rf not working occasionally. It was observed that on the system tab of the GUI, there are 3 different visualrf processes that are running at any giving time. However only one of them has a "ok" status, and the other two will say "disabled" or otherwise. Could these be causing an issue that I have been having since the first upgrade to 8.0.0?

Super Contributor I

Re: VisualRF 8.0.4 not working. 4 seperate visualrf processes shown running on gui

As far as I can tell that seems to be normal, or at least not something that necessarily trashing the system as ours is running OK.

Last time I filed a TAC case, the tech undid some previous tuning done on 8.0.3 and lower and freed up one CPU from "Monitoring Processes" duty, so it was set to # of CPUs minus one.  You may want to have TAC look over your settings and make sure they are still correct for 8.0.4.

Re: VisualRF 8.0.4 not working. 4 seperate visualrf processes shown running on gui

Do the extra processes persist if you restart VisualRF?

VRF restart:

From VisualRF Setup -> toggle VisualRF Enabled = no, save, wait 3-5 min, then toggle VisualRF Enabled = yes, save.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Occasional Contributor I

yes it does persist after restarting. I have tried multiple different ways to "fix" this issue. Every fix has seemed to be only temporary, with issues arising with visualrf every couple hours. After restarting visualrf or amp, I get anywhere between 30 minutes to a full day of visualrf working correctly. Eventually visualrf crashes and fails to load though.?

-Ryan Mayo

If that's the case, the next step should be to open a support case.  That way they can start the path of collecting logs before escalating to VisualRF engineering.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: