Wireless Access

Contributor II

VisualRF error Msgs

So I have been having some weird issues with VisualRF and I checked the log and see a bunch(about 30) of things like this:

2012-11-29 09:40:07,110 WARN Grid Builder com.airwave.rf.SignalServiceImpl Survey discovering radio not found for [641.2] at signal[-70]

Then I get maybe twice as many that look like this:

2012-11-29 09:40:35,151 ERROR AirBusMs[1] com.airwave.model.external.SubscriptionMessageTask AP ID[24] discovered by Type[com.airwave.model.AccessPointRadio] Key[726.1] has no matching Radio at 5.0GHz

These groups of messages repeat every minute.

Are these of any concern?

Thanks.

Re: VisualRF error Msgs

The first message is a “WARN” which I typically ignore as additional logging from the code base.  In this case, the warning is most likely because the AP with id=641 has not been placed on a site floor plan.

The second message is an “ERROR” (these are the messages I pay more attention to) because discovering AP radio information is missing.  Is AP with id=726 showing correct radio status on the site map?

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Contributor II

How do I find the AP ID, or the AP with that ID?

When you navigate to an AP, you're hitting a URL.  It might look something like:

http://amp.name/ap_monitoring?id=#

In your case, replace 'amp.name' with either the IP or hostname of your AMP.  And replace # with either 641 or 726.

Rob Gin
Contributor II

Ok - thanks.

It looks as though all the ones in there are my Dorm Air Monitors, which do not have a 5Ghz Radio. What is this message telling me?

Thanks Again.

Not having 5GHz radios on the Air Monitors confirms the error message.  This tells us that a potential rogue device that may be using the 5Ghz band was detected by a non 5Ghz radio.  How you interpret the error may vary based on this question: In your deployment, how does a potential rogue using the higher frequency affect your WLAN?

Rob Gin
Contributor II

In the dorms, we don't care. We just want them off the 2.4 range.

Thanks for the info.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: